Choosing a family dentist can be a daunting task if you don’t know where to start. Some obvious starting points would be asking friends, family, coworkers and neighbors but selecting a dentist in Sterling, whom you’ll be establishing a relationship that will hopefully last for years, is more complicated than just following the advice of others. Though these recommendations give you a good jumping off point to start your search with, other factors should be considered when making a choice for your family’s cosmetic or pediatric dentist.
- Are their hours convenient for you? Is there emergency help available if needed?
- Where is their location? Is it convenient to your home or office?
- Where was this dentist educated? What are his credentials and length of actual experience?
- Does the dentist keep up with continued education? New innovations and dental techniques are constantly updating – is the dentist current with the newest innovations?
- Are special steps taken for children or those anxious about dental procedures in regards to anesthesia?
- What are the fees and payment plans? Ask for estimates for common procedures such as X-rays, cleaning or routine appointments.
- Do they accept your dental insurance?
- What is their policy regarding missed appointments?
While visiting the dentist office for the first time, be observant of your surroundings. Is the office clean and orderly? Are the equipment and work surfaces clean? Do the individuals in the procedure area wear gloves and other protective gear during procedures? Are the staff members and the dentist friendly and willing to take the time to answer your questions?
Choosing a cosmetic dentist for yourself or a pediatric dentist for your children is a very personal choice and you should feel completely comfortable with a dentist you can trust. At Sterling Dental Center, our dedicated staff wants to help you in finding the right dentist in Sterling. We’ll take the time to answer any and all of your questions in order to satisfy the need to feel completely comfortable. Call Sterling Dental Center today at (703) 433-0234 for a full consultation.