Veneers are one of the most frequently-asked-about procedures that we perform here at Sterling Dental Center. As one of the most innovative advances in dentistry in the last half-century, veneers offer a quick and effective solution to a variety of cosmetic dental issues. The veneer itself is a paper thin layer of porcelain that disguises unattractive smiles.
Porcelain veneers can correct:
- Spaces between your teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Unsightly, stained or washed-out fillings
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Misshapen or crooked teeth
- Dark, yellow or stained teeth
Veneers can be placed with just a small alteration made to natural teeth in order to ensure proper fit and bite. Only a small amount of enamel is removed during the procedure and the result should last for decades.
Advantages of porcelain veneers include:
- Natural appearance
- Extreme durability that mirrors natural teeth
- Long-lasting use – most veneers last for decades
- Both highly stain and scratch resistant
- Highly versatile by covering a variety of dental imperfections
Though the high cost and irreversible alterations to the teeth are also to be considered, the advantages of veneers as a cosmetic dentistry choice far out weigh the disadvantages. Speak with your dentist in Sterling to discover whether veneers are the best choice for you. Schedule your comprehensive, confidential appointment today by calling Sterling Dental Center at (703) 433-0234.